With so many security strategies revolving around the detection of malware, organizations forget the primary source of all their worries – phishing.
There are SO many solutions out there designed to help in the fight against malware – email scanners, endpoint-based AV, endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, and more. Each of them plays a role in keeping a watchful eye on their part of the environment, looking for any kind of attachment, link, executable, etc. that looks or acts suspicious.
But, according to a recent survey, phishing is the leading cause of breaches – more than twice as often as malware! And it makes sense:
- Phishing scams don’t require malware to be successful – cybercriminals can leverage social engineering techniques to obtain online credentials, personal details, and to trick users into performing business tasks, such as wiring funds.
- Phishing is easy to fall for – nearly half (46%) of U.S. workers have fallen for a phishing attack
- Phishing is felt by more than untrained users –53% of Information Security professionals have experienced a phishing attack.
- Phishing has a low barrier to entry – all a would-be cybercriminal needs to get started is some decent social engineering skills and an easily-obtained service offering millions of email addresses.
So, how do you stop phishing?
There are a few ways:
- Invest in solutions that focus equally on phishing, looking for spoofed domains, keywords, and malicious links.
- Underpin the security strategy by educating your users with Security Awareness Training, keeping them always aware of security implications when interacting with email and the web. This way, your user becomes a part of your defenses, spotting suspicious emails before becoming a victim.
We've got something really cool for you: the new Phishing Security Test v3.0!
Sending simulated phishing emails is a fun and an effective cybersecurity best practice to patch your last line of defense… your users.
Find out the Phish-prone percentage™ of your organization with our free updated Phishing Security Test that now includes our New Industry Benchmarking. See where you stack up! Industry Benchmarking enables you to compare your organization’s Phish-prone percentage with others in your industry.
Find out how you are doing compared to your peers and see the difference 12 months can make after using the integrated KnowBe4 Simulated Phishing and Security Awareness Training platform!
With Our Updated Phishing Security Test:
- You can customize the phishing test based on your environment
- Choose the landing page your users see after they click
- Show users which red flags they missed, or a 404 page
- Get a PDF emailed to you in 24 hours with your Phish-prone % and charts to share with management
- See how your organization compares to others in your industry
The Phish-prone percentage is usually higher than you expect and is great ammo to get budget.
Start phishing your users now. Fill out the form, and get started immediately. There is no cost.
PS: Don't like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: