Here are a few important feature and fresh content updates to share with you for the month of August.
FRESH TRAINING CONTENT BY PUBLISHER
This new brandable training module and two supplemental security documents on the important and relevant topic of disinformation were added by KnowBe4 this month.
Spot and Stop the Spread of Disinformation
Distinguishing real from made-up information, especially online, is getting more and more difficult. Disinformation is the intentional creation of false information and has far reaching consequences. This module explores disinformation, how to identify it, and how to protect yourself and your organization from it.KnowBe4 content highlighted this month is available at the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond subscription levels.
The Security Awareness Company (SAC)
SAC added seven new pieces of training content to the ModStore this month and include:
September 2020 Security Awareness Newsletter
The September edition focuses on non-technical and physical security. Cybercriminals aren’t always writing complicated code designed to break through our digital defenses and steal data. Instead, they’re busy creating elaborate schemes that target you. In this edition, learn about common sense security awareness along with six simple ways to improve your security so the bad guys can't hack into your organization - without computers.
Jasper the Disaster: Workplace Physical Security
This humorous micro-module helps you reinforce the importance of physical security in your organization. Your users will follow Jasper throughout his workday, where he makes a comedy of security errors illustrating exactly what not to do. This module can be branded to your organization and includes a quiz.
Covid-19 Phishing Scams: Preparation, Not Paranoia
Use this short video in your organization to highlight how scammers are using the pandemic to bait employees into clicking or downloading malicious content. Help your employees identify why it's important to treat Covid-19 related messages with a high degree of skepticism.
Back to Work Security Refresher
Help your employees "reboot" to get their minds back into work shape. This quick module is brandable to your organization and helps your employees reboot through the lens of security. It provides a refresher of what it means to be a human firewall.
New SAC Security Documents
Two new documents are available that provide digestible insights and security intelligence applicable for every organization and individual.
- Redefining What it Means to be a Human Firewall
Build a strong human firewall in your organization by applying situational awareness, common sense threat identification, and street smarts to your information security.
- What is a Human Firewall?
Use this document in your organization to define the human firewall and how it works to block threats against your organization, similar to a firewall on your network.
All training content from The Security Awareness Company is available at the Diamond subscription level.
Seven new modules were released from El Pescador in August, including five new modules in the "Remote Work" series.
The five micro-modules explore:
- Setting Up Devices - Ensure your remote teams are protecting your organization's data when setting up devices used for their tasks.
- Setting Up Software - Like devices, your employees will understand the importance of correct software configurations to protect your organization's data.
- Physical Security - Even if remote work is being done at an employee's home, it is important to remember the "clean desk" rules to avoid data leakage.
- Corporate vs. Personal - Remote teams need to know the difference between professional and personal use of devices and accounts. Splitting these two areas is necessary to ensure data security.
- Secure Devices - After setting up your devices you need to establish a security routine to ensure that no attacker will break into your system and accounts.
This brandable module empowers your users with knowledge of how the "bad guys" use phishing attacks to take advantage of hierarchical relationships to obtain information and manipulate them. Your users will learn to spot and react to attacks targeting your organization.
Protect Yourself from Ransomware
More brandable content for your library! This module educates your users about ransomware, what it is, and the best behaviors to prevent an attack on your organization.
All El Pescador content is available at the Diamond subscription level.
In support of the South African Protection of Personal Information Act, enacted on July 1, 2020, Popcorn Training has released a new training module as part of their "Privacy Series".
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
Keep your employees up to date with the latest privacy laws. As a human right, your organization and employees have a responsibility to protect information from misuse and unauthorized access.
In this module, your employees will learn how POPIA applies to all personal information your organization collects or processes for prospects, customers, suppliers and employees in South Africa.
All Popcorn Training content is available at the Diamond subscription level.
FRESH NEW TRANSLATIONS
In addition to fresh new training content, you want content localized to the language needs of your organization and users. That's why in addition to constantly updated and new content, KnowBe4 releases fresh new translations regularly to the ModStore. Check out the new translations added:
- Spot the Phish available in 34 languages
- Security Awareness Fundamentals available in 34 languages
- Internet Security When You Work from Home available in 8 languages
For the month of July, 234 new translations were added for the following training content categories:
- Newsletters/Security Documents/Posters: 49
- Games/Assessments/Training modules: 81
- Video Modules: 104
Ready to see how you can build a mature security awareness training program using great, fresh content from the KnowBe4 library?
As of August 31, 2020 KnowBe4 has:
- 1,158 Pieces of Education and Training Content
- 277 Interactive Training Modules
- 387 Video Modules
- 243 Posters and Artwork
- 228 Newsletters and Security Docs
- 23 Games
- Over 5,000 Phishing Templates