I'm happy to announce that in the Second Quarter of 2019, our team reached an impressive 50% growth over Q2 2018 along with increasing customer accounts to well over 26,000.
This 25th consecutive quarter of hypergrowth continues to expand globally as we acquired CLTRe, which helps raise an organization’s cultural security awareness from phishing attacks, turning employees into a “human firewall” capable of recognizing cyber threats. We’re also planning to expand KnowBe4 into new markets where we see a need for this kind of training, such as Japan, Dubai, and Australia.
Leading global investment firm KKR also recognized KnowBe4’s highly successful approach to security awareness training by making a sizable investment in the company in the second quarter of 2019. KKR’s investment, with participation from TenEleven Ventures, elevates KnowBe4’s valuation to over $1 billion. The investment from KKR reaffirms the demand for security awareness training as the last line of defense.
We are extremely proud of achieving our billion-dollar valuation. Only one percent of the companies who are founded get backed by venture capitalists. And only one percent of those companies earn a billion-dollar valuation. This milestone recognizes the importance of having new-school security awareness training as phishing attacks have increased, along with the consequences of falling victim to CEO fraud, ransomware, and spear phishing attacks.
Some other notable milestones and awards for Q2 2019 include:
- KnowBe4 CEO Stu Sjouwerman wins 2019 Excellence in Customer Service Award
- KnowBe4 CEO Stu Sjouwerman was named a Glassdoor Top CEO for 2019
- KnowBe4 is one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019
- KnowBe4 is Network Computing UK’s Security Training and Consultancy Provider of the Year
- Computerworld names KnowBe4 to 2019 List of 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- KB4-CON’s second annual user conference in Orlando, Florida included over 700 CISOs, security awareness training administrators and other cybersecurity professionals
- Javvad Malik and Jelle Wieringa joined KnowBe4 as security awareness advocates in Europe
- KnowBe4 named a Top Workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal for a third consecutive year
We are coming out soon with more exciting platform features for our customers.
Onwards and upwards!
Founder and CEO, KnowBe4, Inc.