Let’s face it – we’re facing a global pandemic; and it goes beyond Covid 19. There’s a war on truth and it’s being waged by nation states, political groups, and cybercriminals who want to dominate our attention and manipulate our thoughts, clicks, votes, and conversations.
The disinformation problem is so important that we decided to create a 4 part webinar series to bring attention to the topic. There will be featured experts throughout the series, including KnowBe4's CEO and Founder Stu Sjouwerman and SVP of Cyber Operations Rosa Smothers. The first installment in the series provides valuable background information needed to understand the critical topics. In each subsequent webinar, we interview experts in disinformation. That gives you the chance to hear directly what’s on the minds of the experts who are directly combatting this crisis.
Here’s the breakdown:
Webinar 1: How to combat the fake news and disinformation being used to attack your organization.
A global cold war is being fought in cyberspace, and IT pros like you are finding themselves in the trenches. With all of this going on, how can you equip your employees and protect your networks from a malicious attack?
Stu Sjouwerman and myself dive deep into how the technology we rely on every day is being exploited to deliver powerful disinformation, misinformation, fake news, and other malicious exploits.
- How both facts and lies are weaponized
- Types of delivery systems (email, social media, videos, deep fakes, and more)
- What’s being done to address these trends
- Tips to protect your organization and build your human firewall
Don't like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/combatting-disinformation
Webinar 2: Insights from former CIA analysts: spotting fake news and protecting your organization (with Cindy Otis)
Fake news and disinformation have become an unfortunate part of our everyday lives. And the bad guys are using it to influence you and affect your organization. To help you interpret the barrage of confusing and oftentimes conflicting information, we have turned to the experts including former CIA Analysts, Rosa Smothers and Cindy Otis.
Join myself, Rosa, and Cindy, also an author of True or False: A CIA Analyst’s Guide to Identifying and Fighting Fake News, as we take on all things fake news.
In this webinar you'll learn:
- The different kinds of disinformation that bad actors use to trick you
- How nation states use fake news to infiltrate your organization
- Why disinformation is so dangerous
- How to spot and avoid disinformation campaigns
- Ways you can train your users to spot disinformation and keep your organization safe
Don't like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/fake-news-cia-insights
Webinar 3: Dissecting Disinformation: How the next wave of technology will break the truth (with Samuel Woolley)
It is harder than ever to discern what is real and what is fake when you’re hit with so much information on a daily basis. It’s not just nation states, governments, or extremists who make use of social media and AI to manipulate information: it’s regular people who have learned how to control the flow of information. Find out how you can use data to analyze what you’re seeing and dissect disinformation.
Join me and Rosa as we recently sat down with disinformation and propaganda researcher Samuel Woolley to explore the themes in Samuel’s book The Reality Game: How The Next Wave of Technology Will Break the Truth.
- Why and how propaganda is created and used to manipulate you
- The real people behind disinformation campaigns and their motivations
- The role of culture and how it can change the way people are influenced
- How technology plays a role in aiding manipulation
- How you can use evidence, facts and data to expose the truth and protect yourself and your organization from falsehood!
Don't like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/dissecting-disinformation
Webinar 4: The distorted truth: How not to fall victim in today’s messy information climate (with Theresa Payton)
The use of disinformation and misinformation has emerged as a defining problem in our digital age. With so much noise and conflicting information flooding our feeds, how do we know what’s the truth? Listen in as three cybersecurity experts analyze the distortion of truth in today’s messy information climate and steps you can take to find the truth for yourself.
In this webinar myself, Rosa Smothers, and Theresa Payton, author and first female White House Chief Information Officer, explore the themes in Theresa’s book Manipulated: Inside the Cyberwar to Hijack Elections and Distort the Truth.
We analyze and unpack issues including:
- The real reasons nation states interfere to spread disinformation
- How social media hyperconnectivity is being used against you
- Combatting your “confirmation bias”
- Sourcing and identifying your information and why it's important
- How you can use these techniques to protect yourself and your organization from these threats
Don't like to click on redirected buttons? Cut & Paste this link in your browser: https://info.knowbe4.com/distorted-truth